If you’re in love with film photography and want to learn everything there is to know about shooting weddings, join us on a field trip.
From analogue to digital, portraits to receptions. You’ll
learn the art of shooting film and the skill of documenting weddings.
Develop your craft and your creative vision and learn how to be
inspired whilst staying true to yourself as an artist. 3 day
workshops. Create. Connect. Explore.
Field Trip Notes
Photography, a profession in the past mastered by few is now accessible to anyone and everyone. This isn't a bad thing by any means but there is something to be said about that. For photographers who intend to take their craft to the next level, the professional level, it’s never been so hard to survive.
We've carved our own path in this industry over the last 7 years by trial and error. We’re 100% self-taught. Our journey has been from film photography, to digital and back to film. From fashion to weddings. From Brisbane to the world.
We’re not tired of what we do by any means but the next step for us naturally is to help others who are currently struggling with the challenges we've worked hard to overcome.
Our field trips do exactly that. They’re more than just a workshop. They are an experience.
An experience that stimulates the physical and creative sense alike. Every detail, including the location have been put in place to be an inspiration. It's an environment for artists to personally and openly connect with us, a group of like-minded individuals, but more importantly themselves. We want people to better understand & redefine their vision of who they are as an artist. We want to motivate people, not just with pretty details & sweet philosophies, but arming them with practical photographic skills to promote inner confidence. We want to see a positive change in each person as an artist, whatever they choose that to be.
The experience includes:
- Defining your ideal client and how to attract them
- Redefining client interactions, taking on a consultative role from start to finish
- Staying true to yourself as an artist in a saturated market
- Lighting & composition, making a photo vs taking a photo
- How to direct a portrait session
- Learning to shoot film, from choosing the right camera's through to choosing film stock, the right pro lab and how to expose & compose images on film.
What we provide you:
- Welcome dinner
- 3 jam-packed class-room days
- A light breakfast and lunch, along with refreshments each day
- Film, development and scanning with Richard Photo Lab
- 3 x portrait/directing sessions working with models and real couples
- Professional styling, florals, hair and make-up
What you will need to bring along:
- Analogue camera
- Light meter
We're only accepting 15 attendees per Field Trip as we want this to be an intimate experience. We want each and every photographer to come away from this feeling inspired. So pack your bags, bring your favorite analogue camera and get ready for a three day adventure with yours truly.
Terms and conditions:
- Field Trip Tuition is $2,300 AUD per person.
- We require a non-refundable deposit of $500 AUD to guarantee your spot.
- Your spot is secured ONLY after making a deposit and completing the booking form.
- Full payment is due two weeks prior to the Field Trip.
- You will be responsible for your own transportation to and from your accommodation, accommodation costs and food/refreshment whilst you’re not attending the Field Trip.
- We also recommend having a basic understanding of the principles behind apertures and shutter speeds BEFORE attending this workshop.
Do I need to be experienced with film/analogue cameras before attending the Field Trip?
No film shooting experience is required whatsoever. Just bring an analogue camera and an open mind.
Do I need to bring a film camera, if so, what sort should I buy?
Yes you will need to bring your own film camera & light meter. However you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to have a suitable film camera. We can recommend amazing film camera’s (& light meter’s) based on your budget, some cost as little as $150AUD.
Do I need to buy a Contax 645?
No! We recommend that you don’t if you’re just starting out. As part of our Field Trip we’ll be discussing all the major formats of film camera’s as well as the pro’s and con’s of each type.
Do I need to stay at your recommended hotel?
Not at all, you’re welcome to stay wherever you please. Please though keep in mind that we always negotiated group discounts at our Field Trip locations where we’re holding our workshop.
- Introduction, a little about us
- How to choose the right gear
- Pricing and Packaging
- Attracting your perfect client
- Being inspired without following the masses
- Getting published
- Styled Photo shoot / direction and interaction
- Educating your client
- Shooting analogue
- Choosing the right film stock
- Metering methods
- Lighting and composition techniques
- Exposing colour film
- Exposing black and white film
- Pre-wedding styled shoot / direction and interaction
- Curating your blog / website
- Making a photo vs taking a photo
- Post processing our style
- Using a professional film lab
- Wedding styled shoot / direction and interaction
What you will NOT learn:
- Darkroom Skills
- Scanning Techniques
- How to shoot E-6 slide film